Someday

by Jay-Ar N. Fortunado

For months, you've just been a stranger.
Then suddenly, an attention seeker
source of my happiness and energy.
But then again, reality wakes me up.
You're not that high, but unreachable.
You're just real, but too good to be true.
You're the string on a guitar I can't touch.
You're the knife that can cut, but I can't get enough.
In this world full of perfectionists
Judgements without limitations
No matter how talented and kind you are,
You will never win over a pretty face.
Someday, you'll stare at me a little bit longer.
You'll smile at me, but this time wider.
Someday, I will have your selfish attention.
But for now, I'll stay as someone you can't see.
Someday, the melody in my heart might reach your ears.
And the rhythm of my dreams will conquer your fears. Then, maybe someday, you'll see me for who I truly am—not just a face in the crowd, but the one who loved you from afar.




Genre: Confessional/Romantic Poetry
Theme: unrequited love and longing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTHORS

Unsettled Wound

Barbie