Broken Trust

by Jay-Ar Fortunado


We shared a secret, just you and me,
Like a small whisper under a big tree.
I thought all was safe, a friendship true,
But the secret is revealed, what can we do?

My heart is sad, like a sunken sea,
Because the promise, disappeared, you see?
Trust takes a while, like building a sandcastle tall,
But it can break fast, with just one small fall.

I wish I didn't tell you my secret
So that I won't feel like I'm being cheated
I can't understand this feeling
It's like my heart is aching

We can still be friends, that's what I believe,
But next time a secret, we'll work to retrieve
The trust that was lost, like a kite in the breeze,
And build it up stronger, with honesty, please.




Genre: Free verse and Confessional Poetry
Theme: sad, forgiveness, and rebuilding trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTHORS

Unsettled Wound

Barbie