Final Bell

by Jewel Pacer


I am Chielo, 23 years old and a graduating student. A happy and friendly person. I often hang out at our campus and mingle with the students here. I spend my whole day telling jokes to my friends even though they ignore me. I don't know, I'm nice and my jokes don't offend, but they don't really pay attention to me. When I'm at home, they don't pay attention to me either, but I'm happy because mom doesn't scold me and my siblings don't fight with me anymore. The only thing that surprises me is that even though I'm 23 years old and haggard in school activities, I still look fresh, and what I'm thinking is that maybe mom's race is really beautiful, so I'm the same way.

Our graduation is just a few days away. I'm so excited because I can fulfill one of my dreams. I came home with my clothes in order. A very beautiful white Filipina waiting to be worn.

Jun 14, 2022. The day I've been waiting for has arrived, it's my graduation. I easily got ready and went to school with mom. I was wearing the white filipiñana and when my name was called on the stage, mom was proud to stand up on the stage to receive my diploma and award while she hugged my picture.

Yes, the only thing that is with my mom is just my picture and not me anymore. I died, and I only found out about it two days before the Day I was waiting for to came. I finally remembered that I was one of those who died in the overturned jeep. And maybe yhat's why they don't laugh at my jokes anymore, they don't even pay attention to me anymore. I was still able to wore my filipina but not for graduation instead I'll be wearing this for all eternity. I'm happy that my dream of graduating has been fulfilled, but that’s where it ends. There’s no next chapter.




Genre: Short Fiction Story
Theme/s: Tragic and Sadness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTHORS

Unsettled Wound

Barbie