Barbie

by Meriam B. Magdaong


How nice it would be,
For the little girl, me.
Who was once everybody's baby.
But then grew up like anybody.

The little girl who loves to twirl,
Seems to lost all her glitters,
And all her shimmers
Turns into shudders.

How nice it would be,
To go back to little old me.
Where everybody likes me,
And treats me like a barbie.

Wait? Barbie?
You mean, a toy, that's irreplaceable?
When it's not anymore playable?
Like it's disabled?

Yeah, I am a Barbie .

But not like the one on the shelf,
I can fight for myself,
I am not the little old me,
Who everyone thought I should be.

The glitter may fade,
Atleast, I am not on everyone's parade.
So good bye little girl,
Though our memories stays, I fear.



Genre: Coming-of-Age
Theme/s: Growth and self discovery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTHORS

Unsettled Wound