by Princess Lourince J. Luz “See that man wearing yellow shirt? The one holding a shovel with a towel on his left shoulder?” I asked Khon, one time when we stopped by at a gasoline station and a construction site just at the opposite of where we are. He then turned his eyes. “Hmm, the skinny one?” I sighed then fake a smile. “Did you know that I used to go crazy about him when I was just 18? Even with that skinny body and with that work he is in up until now. I never looked and treat him as someone who’s at the bottom of where I stand, because I do love him. Even with only those gray like ashes Iris he owned. And he feels the same way too! I know, I can feel it, but he never say a word.” “Then he is a coward.” Khon uttered with finality and certainty that he’s right. “No, he isn’t! Remember the girl who used to always run after you wherever you go? The girl who confessed how much she is in love with you, even with the fact that she already have two kids with her?” “Oh! that A...
by Jay-Ar N. Fortunado For months, you've just been a stranger. Then suddenly, an attention seeker source of my happiness and energy. But then again, reality wakes me up. You're not that high, but unreachable. You're just real, but too good to be true. You're the string on a guitar I can't touch. You're the knife that can cut, but I can't get enough. In this world full of perfectionists Judgements without limitations No matter how talented and kind you are, You will never win over a pretty face. Someday, you'll stare at me a little bit longer. You'll smile at me, but this time wider. Someday, I will have your selfish attention. But for now, I'll stay as someone you can't see. Someday, the melody in my heart might reach your ears. And the rhythm of my dreams will conquer your fears. Then, maybe someday, you'll see me for who I truly am—not just a face in the crowd, but the one who loved you from afar. Genre: Confessional/Romantic Poet...
by Bernadeth Cerde ña Isn't it lovely how the world turning its back yesterday but now it's playing a soft melody clapping and dancing celebrating as if it didn't paint you, melancholy Isn't it funny how those people vandalizing your name accuse you of despicable act cause you despair are now in hollow crane begging, crying like a sinner in hell Isn't if satisfying how the efforts you've made are now paved its wave you can taste now the whole cake not just a glimpse and smell of bake Maybe our life has fare efforts, sacrifice are needed to dare so we can achieve our wishing wheel oh I guess, life, no indeed it is fair. Genre: Vindication Theme/s: Self-reflection
Comments
Post a Comment